The Frugal Foodie

Real Life Dinners

As promised, here is our lineup of dinners this week!  Usually I am choosing newer recipes from my December magazine issues--something festive for the holiday, but I'm running behind this year, so I just chose from what I had in my recipe binder.  

Breakfasts: Smoothies made with frozen bananas + Aldi's organic baby spinach + whatever frozen fruit is in stock/on sale this week.

Lunches: My daughter is on a chicken salad kick, so I'll be picking up a container of Aldi's chicken salad to eat on sandwiches.

Here's what's for dinner:

MONDAY: BLT Pasta w/ Corn & Fresh Ricotta

TUESDAY: Leeky, Creamy Chicken-&-Dumpling Soup
(I'm saving money/health by omitting the actual chicken tenders--the gnocchi fills out the soup enough for us.  My fave chicken stock/broth is Costco's Kirkland Brand Organic Chicken Stock.)

WEDNESDAY: Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas

THURSDAY: Leftovers!

FRIDAY: PW's Favorite Pizza

SATURDAY: Gingerbread Pancakes (Aldi mix) for brunch; Leftovers for dinner

SUNDAY: Leftovers or boxed Mac-n-Cheese for lunch; Popcorn for dinner

If you want to get super "real life," I have had most of the ingredients for BLT Pasta & Chicken & Dumpling Soup for awhile--I was going to make them two weeks ago, and then something unexpected came up and we ended up going out of town.  When that happens, I freeze the fresh ingredients if possible, and "reschedule" the meal for a later time...like this week!  (Luckily, I had not yet purchased leeks, which are in both recipes, so one of the main fresh ingredients was spared from spoiling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment