The Frugal Foodie

What's for Lunch

I have to share this yummy salad dressing I've really been enjoying:
via
I found this Sesame Ginger Dressing in the refrigerated salad greens section in the Whole Foods produce department.  Here are the ingredients: Filtered Water, Sesame Tahini (Ground Sesame Seeds), Pear Juice Concentrate, Dry Roasted Almonds, Organic Tamari Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt), Orange Juice Concentrate, Rice Wine Vinegar, Ginger Puree (Ginger, Water), Chives, Xanthan Gum.

I was looking for a pre-made dressing with Asian flavors because I have been eating a LOT of Chick-fil-a's Asian Salad w/ Honey Sesame dressing.  While it is a better choice than the fried chicken sandwich loaded up with mayo (mmmm), I knew I could make something healthier & cheaper at home.  (And I would be eating it WITHOUT a side of waffle fries dipped in Chick-fil-a sauce!)

To be honest, I felt a little nervous about this dressing BECAUSE it sounded so healthy, but I figured I'd give it a whirl.  I am now officially addicted!  I actually look forward to lunchtime so I can make myself a salad of greens (I like the "I heart Baby Kale" mix from Organic Girl), topped with one diced apple, & some slivered almonds.  Dicing a whole apple actually makes this salad half apple/half greens, but I'm completely okay with that.  I love the way the sweet, crisp apple squares taste with the salty, gingery, nutty, dressing.

Hope you enjoy this nutrient-packed salad as much as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment