The Frugal Foodie

Chickpea Burgers w/ Tomatoes

Chickpea Burgers w/ Tomatoes via Rachael Ray

I have a confession: I have bought ingredients to make these chickpea burgers on two previous occasions, and I have bailed out both times.  Does that ever happen to you?

Oftentimes I do this if the recipe is new/unfamiliar and seems complicated.  (In this case, it's a recipe I've never tried, and the whole making-the-chickpea-patties part seems like a lot of work without reading the recipe.)

Part of my health/budget deal with myself this year is to follow through on more meal plans.  I bail out waaaay too easily.  (It doesn't help that my daughter is often begging to go "bye bye yummy"...aka out to eat.  I LOVE eating out--I fold under the begging pressure all too often!)

This week, when I get to Friday (also another excuse for bailing out--the whole "oh come on, I've cooked all week" excuse), I am going to read through the recipe with plenty of time in advance and commit to "just do it" all Nike-style.  A glass of wine and some music in the kitchen always give me some good motivation.

(And just to help motivate YOU, the recipe sounds like these burgers practically make themselves in the food processor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment