The Frugal Foodie

Black Bean Taco Pizza

Taco Pizza via Real Simple

I love making homemade pizza.  And who doesn't love pizza?  Well, my daughter is probably the one person in the universe who doesn't love it, actually.  But the great thing about pizza is that it can be personalized--picky eaters only need their own little portion of the pie (or a personal-sized pie just for them), and they can make it however they like.

I highly recommend preparing your own pizza dough (this is my current favorite recipe), but it does require some planning ahead.  In order to make this happen, I literally schedule it into my phone or planner so that I've carved out enough time to prep the dough & let it rise.  If you're like me and use the "oops, I forgot to make the dough" excuse for take-out, then use anything you have on hand as a base--slices of bread, english muffins, bagels, tortillas, etc.  There's no bailing out this week!

I plan to substitute the ground beef for black beans--it's cheaper, healthier, & quicker!  Win/win!

No comments:

Post a Comment