The Frugal Foodie

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts w/ Rolls

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts w/ Bacon & Golden Raisins

Here's another dish that you might have thought of as a "side" that I'm serving up as my main dish this week.  I'll be serving rolls on the side for a little extra "something" (and because I'm a breadaholic).

This Real Simple recipe calls for raisins, and we are not huge raisins-lovers around here, so I might omit them (and just add a little of the cider vinegar).  Raisins are a perfect example of an ingredient that you may not have in your pantry, and you might consider whether they're worth purchasing just for this recipe.  I have some leftover dried berries from last week's lunch (salad w/ dried berries & goat cheese), so perhaps I'll toss some of those in instead.  The point is: omissions or substitutions are fine as long as you're not losing a central concept of the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment