The Frugal Foodie

Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie via Real Simple
I keep my recipes in 2 separate binders--one for spring/summer, and one for fall/winter.  Chicken Pot Pie falls undoubtedly into the fall/winter binder for me.  Even though the veggies can be found fresh at the farmers' markets in the summer, I just can't resist that creamy, bubbling casserole with the pie crust on top as one of my favorite winter comfort foods.  

I often leave the shredded chicken out of this pie these days (and bump up the veggie content), which kind of nullifies the entire name, but I still insist on calling it Chicken Pot Pie.

This is my favorite CPP recipe--it cuts down on calories by omitting or cutting down on some of the higher-calorie ingredients.  (A pie crust on top instead of fully surrounding the casserole, for example.)  Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment